<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 22, 2008

//our wedding through the eyes of friends  

We just got back from our honeymoon in El Nido, Palawan (more on this later) and if there was one thing that made us feel better about coming home from paradise, it would be the thought that we would finally get the chance to read Dyoks' blog post about our wedding. With only Chug's onsite video to help reminisce our big day, this was something we were looking forward to.

Dyoks is was colleague and mentor back in my Samsung days. Although I've known him from Pisay, there was something about him that sort of intimidated me and kept my distance. That was until we became friends, and learned how he's a mentos. Tough on the outside, soft on the inside. And I mean this in a good way. He's a fellow weddings @ work "bayani" - that's his term for w@wie grooms who were active in the mailing list. Dyoks is an avid blogger, and a loving husband to Selle, who herself has a very warm personality. They both enjoy exploring the world's sights and sounds, and beautifully capturing these experiences in their point-and-shoot camera.


Speaking of cameras, this brings me to the second highlight of my day. A pleasant surprise was waiting for me, as I opened my internet email. Stip, my fellow bachelor in Tabangao, batchmate in the Shell Team Tryouts, and for awhile, my weekend partner for out of town trips and movies at the mall; has posted his own photos from the wedding. He has been honing his photography skills for the past couple of years, and we have been one of his favorite subjects. In fact, he willingly spent a weekend in Tabangao to do a pre-wedding photo shoot with us. In a way that none of us expected, he has become a vital part of our wedding preparations, and the last 11 months have seen us develop a more meaningful friendship with him. Proof: he has created a sub-album dedicated solely for everything related to our wedding, and with one of our best men, Volt, oprganized the pre-wedding party which the bachelors threw for us.


Janice and I prepared for the wedding for 11 months. In those 11 months, we have met so many new people, found new friends in our wedding partners, and deepened our relationship with existing ones.


Comments: 

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?