<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 09, 2004

//twenty eight things at 28  



1. I've learned that not everything can be learned. For example, I've been playing basketball since I was 7 years old. Until now, I still can't make a left-handed layup.

2. I do my best to never complain about my job. My job is not my life, and this job was not created for me. It's nothing but a give-and-take relationship.

3. I am a man, but i cry. I cried when I found out that my first love was in love woth someone else. I cried when my girlfriend left for another country. I cried 2 weks ago as i talked to my mom over the phone. I cry because I am a man.

4. I don't mind spending one whole weekend sleeping, as long as I have one of my nephews and nieces sleeping beside me.

5. I try to get involved in too many sports, and they all frustrate me because they all make me realize how unathletic I am.

6. Except for one: scuba diving, which is why diving is my passion.

7. If I had an element, it would be water. I'm not a good swimmer, but I love watching the sunset while floating on my back in the water.

8. Because I live for the present, I'm a great procrastinator, but it's okay because tomorrow might be the last day of my life, and someone will eventually take over.

9. Work is just a means to an end. Life is more important: being in love, nurturing relationships, spending time with family, giving back to the community, being at peace with yourself and with your God.

10. I never count my achievements because I do not think of them as my own. I was just fortunate, I guess.

11. A couple of weeks ago, a friend gave me this title: Prince of Quirk. It really made my heart smile.

12. I do not believe that there are such things as bad decisions. It's all a matter of perspective.

13. I am an engineer, but I love to write. I love to paint. I love poetry. I even try my best to make sculptures. I hang hand-painted masks on my bedroom walls. I am an engineer only because I used to get high grades in Math. I am an artist because that's who I have always wanted to be.

14. Never let a spark of brilliance slip away. Write write write.

15. I have 3 nephews and 2 nieces. All of them think I'm their Godfather.

16. My bedroom at our family home is a mess. It is infested by ants because of crumbs, candy and spilled milk. The floor is a hazard because of loose toys. The sheets are stained and smelly. And I love it because it tells me that the kids love staying in bed with me.

17. At one point in my life, I stopped dreaming of becoming wealthy. Not because I can't be, but because I shouldn't be.

18. My life's defining moment came when I visited hunger striking farmers. it made me realize that my love for God and my love for my country are one and the same.
19. A perfect day should always include spending time to play with kids.

20. I've been a Ginebra fan since I was 8. I think they have the worst record in basketball. I'm still a Ginebra fan because Loyalty is one of my values.

21. I'd carry my camera around with me at all times, if I could. I love being able to recognize and capture the magic in what seem to be insignificant moments.

22. People think I am weak because I am too kind. But then again, it makes me strong inside.

23. I don't think I can bear the sight of any of my loved ones dying. If I had a choice, I would like all all of them to to outlive me, even if it means I would have to die young.

24. When my first nephew was born, I used to watch him sleep for hours. The idea of a newborn child having the almost the same flesh and blood as mine, was simply too amazing for me to comprehend.

25. A lot of times, usually after a poor game of basketball or badminton, I try to think of things that I'm really good at, things that will make me "the go-to guy." I still haven't found one. Maybe all I'm good at is thinking.

26. I love watching the sunset. I don't know why. I just do.

27. Romantic love is not for everyone. It is a gift, which means we can be happy even without it.

28. I've learned that one can fall in love a million times, but true love is about choosing one out of a million, and sticking to that choice.


Comments: 

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?