<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 05, 2004

//weekend rush  

if last weekend were like any other, i would have stayed home, woke up late and burned my tv and xbox. after watching ginebra lose game 2 to red bull on friday night, i should have wallowed in my misery and slept till my back starts to hurt.

but i had errands to run. i had to withdraw some cash, buy detergent fot my laundry, ask the apartment caretaker to feed fishy over the weekend while i'm away, and, well, go home.

well i did all those things, plus, i finally got to drag my lazy ass to the local auto shop, had my car's rear bumper removed and arranged for it to be lined with fiber glass. it's a nasty case of corrosion our refinery expert duane would have called neglectization corrosion. hey, not my fault. you see terranos with rusty rear bumpers everywhere.

so that was done. drove another 10 kilometers to lipa to get a haricut, meet up with my mom, and my brother's family to watch spiderman 2. (just a side note, i really think the movie didn't live up to the hype. it's your typical sequel, and oh, from an engineering standpoint, it just doesn't make sense...) after the movie, the whole van-load of pamplonas spent the evening in a private pool in pansol, where the kids just went ga-ga over the pool slide and ended up fast asleep a couple of hours later out of sheer exhaustion.

that was saturday. sunday came, and things got even better. it was game day. and something about the way i woke up told me it was gonna be barangay ginebra's day.

so, 3 days ago, almer and i agreed to watch the game live at araneta coliseum. emerson and stip, two of the "kaladkarin" (read: hindi mahirap ayain...) refinery geeks agreed to join us, and so we met up at makati, and commuted to araneta. in an MRT nonetheless.

now most of you yuppies out there regard the mrt in the same way as they would their daily dose of coffee, but not me. first of, i'm not a yuppie. i'm a ruppie. rural... young... err.. whatever. you get the point. anyway, riding an mrt to me was what sex is for all of us. the first time is memorable (although not always in a good way) and you find yourself fumbling you way through, ridiculously pretending to be good at it, and once it's done, you can't help but wear a silly grin on your face.

my first time. wow...




2 hours later, we were at the game, and pumping our fists into the air with every helterbrand jumpshot, menk semi-hook, and adducul lay-up. ginebra won the game. nothing beats the euphoria of being one with the crowd, chanting "GI-NE-BRA! GI-NE-BRA!".



this isn't just ginebra's weekend. something tells me its' gonna be a ginebra year.


Comments: 

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?