<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 08, 2004

//araw ng barangay  

yesterday, i was pumped up all day, ready to watch ginebra do battle against arch-nemesis red bull, in a bid to send the barakos home and capture the championship trophy tonight.

all day long, queen's "we are the champions" kept playing over and over agin inside my head.

7:10 PM, it was game time. positioned in my bean bag, not even my hungry stomach was able to take my eyes of the tv.

i kept telling myself... this is the night.



and it was...

the barangay ginebra gin kings, on a 103-86 victory, finally ends its seven-year drought, and captures the pba fiesta conference championship.

now, my favorite number is 7. and i've always believed it to be my lucky number. i was born on the 7th of august, and my name starts with the 7th letter of the alphabet. as a benchwarmer on my basketball teams, i wear jersey number 7.

now this has been the observation of many...

1. ginebra last won the championship sept 07, 1997...
2. ... under coach sonny jaworski with the very popular jersey number 7
3. it's been 7 long years since that last crown
4. ginebra's celebrating it's 107th year
5. this year, ginebra won the championship on the 7th day of the 7th month
6. the final score: ginebra massacred red bull via a 17 point advantage
7. G-I-N-E-B-R-A. seven letters

GI-NE-BRA!!!!

Comments: 

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?