<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 17, 2003

Mutual Admiration Societies

A couple of weeks ago, a new friend of mine (I call her NFF-New Found Friend, and she doesn't know it, hehehe, hi Camille) told me about Friendster. And it really amazes me. Fine, I get to find long-lost friends just because they're friends of friends of friends. But more importantly for me, I've managed to found a way to use it to dupe my friends. "Hey, I'll make a testimonial for you, make on for me ha?" They'll make super sweet testimonials for me... not knowing that on my end, I'm writing about those embarassing things I know about them. If they refuse to approve it, here's where the guilt-trip comes in. "Sige, reject it, pero pinaghirapan ko yan ha..." It's hilarious, hehehe. The things people will do to get people to say nice things about them. If I were a Jedi, I'd be Darth Vader's apprentice. I'm the master of the Dark Side.

I like it though, being the role-playing-game junkie that I am. As Alia, another friend, once said, it's like playing Age of Empires. It's like collecting sticks and meat to build your kingdom... but this time, you collect friends.... hehehe.

My collection is hereby encased in the following glass cabinets:

1. Pisay
2. Engineering/Enggsoc
3. Shell
4. Peyups
5. Dive Buddies
6. Kalayaan/Molave

Or alternatively:

1. Friends I talk to everyday
2. Acquaintances I don't give a crap about, but can be used to boost up my friend count.
3. Old classmates you'd rather not talk to
4. Friends of friends who share the same motive for being your friendster: to use each other for that precious extra friendster count.
5. People from your college org. Same motive... (what else?)
6. Old flames, crushes, prom dates to get you to say "what the hell was i thinking?"
7. Frat brothers. Shiver me timbers, it's really weird to put the words "fraternity" and "friendster" in the same compartment.
8. Old lovers, and lovers of old lovers. *sinister laugh*

Tell me who your friends are, and I'll tell you mine, hehehe... *pok*



Comments: 

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?