<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

For Ube, who was my light, beacon, and reason.

YOU SHALL BE FREE
Trinidad Tarrosa-Subido

I will not hold you by restraining hands
Nor yet by tears that silently accuse.
You shall be free - like waters on the strands
That come, and go, and tarry, as they choose.
I will not speak of days sweet to remember,
Of lanes we trod through April sun and shower,
Of twilight trysts through early-starred November,
Prolonged each twilight by an evening hour -
No, not a word to hint of that or this,
Lest speaking so, your going I impede.
I will resign myself to all that is -
Like unto sands when cooling waves recede.
O while the strength of seeing love undone
Still stands by me, I pray you, Love, be gone.


Comments: 

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?