<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 17, 2002

Shiver me timbers...

Too much contemplation can lead you to disaster. You try endlessly to find the meaning of life, you try to ask yourself, dig deep inside the dungeons of your consciousness for the reasons for your existence, and chances are, you'll realize sooner or later that life isn't about thinking it, but living it. Life is probably a journey, or probably a destination, or maybe a stop-over. But whatever it is, it's just too damn short to spend most of it thinking. You take a train, and enjoy the sight, the cold beer at the counter, the sweet smile of that pretty lady seated beside you, you look around and play peek-a-boo with that young tyke two rows ahead... In short, have a great time while you're there. Hey, there's no friggin' way I'm wasting the trip thinking about why the damn train is needs a railroad track, or why my ticket says I should be seated at the wrong side of the coach, or why that bloke on the right side of the coach is better-looking than I am. I'm not wasting my time on all that crap. I'm making the most out of this trip. (Besides, the lady beside me doesn't seem to have company... )

I have to admit, I've been through that phase. When I was younger, I'd wring my brains out trying to figure out the reasons for my existence. Well. I'm out of it, and boy, am I glad to have gathered enough sense to save me from myself. Ask any engineer, and chances are, you'll be told that practice is much much better than theory. Life is about living it, and not trying comprehend it, and dying still trying. Yes, it helps to know why things are the way they are. But if the probablities of understanding the why's of life is as slim as seeing the assholes in government go to jail, then there's no point in sulking.

Now, what the hell am I doing here... Contemplating? Okay, so shoot me... Life is also about breaking your own rules from time to time...

Hey maybe I should stop. My stomach's aching for dinner. My fingers are getting restless for my do-or-die game with my friend, fellow NBA 2K2 addict. I'll use the Lakers this time...


Comments: 

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?