<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 27, 2002

Man, I'm wasted.
Last Tuesday, someone gave me 12 Million bucks to spend. For a project. Big project.
For the past 2 days, I've been training people who have been in ther refinery far longer I have, on new ways of doing things. It was fun, but it caused my email to clog up because of the amount of undone stuff.
Ten minutes ago, I was seated in a meeting with a colleague, our boss, and my boss' boss, discussing our presentation material to our boss, boss boss, who's coming over next week. During that meeting, I think I may have seen and heard and learned about things that I don't think I'm supposed to know, yet. Bottomline is, the world is going to the dogs.
Two weeks from now, I'll be on Engineering duty for one whole weekend. On a long 3-day weekend.
For the past few days, my mind has been screaming for rest. I think I need some form of retreat. Enjoy the world, stop caring about costs, stop thinking about that damn problem with that machine I installed 3 months ago. Stop caring about the fact that it hasn't worked well since then, and I've been getting complaints every single day. I need a break before I start working on that 12 million peso project. I need time away from it all. I need a break. I need to break all these patterns that makes me lose sight of my dream of getting paid well, with low-level responsibilities, living a simple life.

Comments: 

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?